Thursday, January 21, 2010

~Plates, yes, Plates!

So, I was at an Estate sale this morning (saw some of you there!) and this sweet lady was looking at a stack of plates. She looked at me and said,"Do you hang plates on the wall?" And how to you do it?" Well, of course, I had a few ideas for her and hanging plates on the wall is one if my favorite decorating accessories! I thought I would show you a few ways that I use plates around the house....besides eating on them!
I just added the purple plates above these pictures and love them! Remeber always hang groupings in an odd number...somehow they just look better that way!

Plates are wonderful fillers for bookshelves and a great way to add a punch of color to any space!

I really like using them mixed in with other vintage or new items...
How do you decorate with them???




1 comment:

  1. Plates are perfect to decorate with . . . I love blue and white and we have a few old ones that we use for decoration only. There's something pleasing about plates whether hanging on the wall or in a bookcase.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails