Thursday, February 3, 2011

Warm Blueberry Pound Cake - Double YUM!

When it is cold outside, besides staying inside, I always want to bake...something fresh pulled out of the oven...what a great way to say I love you to your family! Here's one of my new favorite recipes...It's so easy and yummy! I hope you'll enjoy it too!
Blueberry Pound Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 c. oil
1- 8 (oz) package cream cheese
1/2 c. mayonnaise
2 c. blueberries *
Mix the first 5 ingredients and fold in the blueberries. Pour into a sprayed bundt cake pan and bake 1 hour at 325 degrees.
Icing:
1 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. melted butter
2 tbsp. canned milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix and pour on the hot cake. ENJOY!
* I often use frozen blueberries. If you don't want them to run or get mushy, put 2 tbsp of flour with them and that will coat the berries.
That recipe is curtsey of my sweet friend Pat Lindsey, a true blueberry lover!
I think this would be great to substitute chocolate chips in also!
~ Wishing you warmer days ahead,
JLM

3 comments:

  1. That cake looks delicious, so golden and studded with juicy blueberries. What a sweet treat. I have a sweet treat linky on my blog every week called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link your yummy cake up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi - this looks super yummy -- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you’re such an inspiration. I love this blog!
    How to Use Silicone Bakeware. Silicone bakeware is high-tech and easy to store and clean, which makes it an appealing option to many bakers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails